It’s cherry season at the market! Cherries are wonderful fresh, but they are also great baked, especially in these healthy cookies.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- Place racks in the centre and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, millet, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, shredded carrots, and cherries. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly incorporated. Let dough rest in fridge for 15 minutes before spooning out onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-15minutes, or until browned. Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.