Zucchini is now in season at the market! There are tonnes of things you can do with zucchini, but this recipe is tasty, simple and versatile. Eat these as a snack, a side dish, put them on top of pasta or salad.
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup flour
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, whisk the egg. In another bowl, whisk together the panko, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Add flour to a separate bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Dip each zucchini slice in the flour, then the egg mixture to coat, and then dunk in the breadcrumbs, making sure the zucchini is covered. Place in the skillet and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- When finished, remove the slices and let drain on a paper towel.