Our annual Corn Festival is coming up later this month on August 22nd, but local corn is ready right now for everyone to enjoy!
Here’s a quick summer salad recipe that includes not only the great sweet corn that’s out right now but in-season cherry tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers.
- 4 ears of corn, kernels cut from cob
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ large cucumber, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Several fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Toss corn, onion, cucumber, pepper, and cucumbers.
- Add in arugula, basil, and vinegar and toss lightly to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.