Berry season is back in full swing at the market for everyone to enjoy! Blackberries are the latest berry to arrive at the market this season, so to help enjoy these delicious, fresh and local treats, we’re sharing a quick blackberry freezer jam recipe.
- 3 cups crushed blackberries
- 5 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tbsp pectin
- 8 oz glass jars with lids and bands
- Crush blackberries in a large bowl. Add in the sugar, mix until fully combined. Allow mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine water and pectin in a small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly and allow to boil while stirring for one minute.
- Add the water and pectin to the blackberry mixture, stir for three minutes to fully combine.
- Spoon mixture into jars leaving a centimeter gap before the lid. Cap all jars and refrigerate until jam is set.
- Blackberry freezer jam can be refrigerated for up to three weeks, or frozen for up to a year.