Peppers are back in season! While they are awesome raw, these stuffed peppers are a great quick lunch, or a side dish for dinner! Plus they are a good way to use those beautiful cherry tomatoes that are in season right now too!
- 2 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise through stem, seeds removed
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or quarters, depending on size
- 40 grams Feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or oil the pan. Make sure oven rack is in the top third of the oven.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes with basil leaves, crumble in feta cheese and drizzle mixture with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Place pepper halves on prepared pan and fill each with tomato mixture.
- Cover pan in foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.